Return, refund or exchange policy is one of the most important thing in an online shopping website, which is often ignored by the buyers while placing any order. Most common problem faced by the buyers while returning goods bought online:
- Return policy is written in such a language that van not understood by a layman, you would probably need a lawyer or an expert to understand that.
- Some of the website do not mention how they can go ahead with the return as there is no communication e-mail id or phone number mentioned on the website.
Things buyers should always check before making any purchase on any online shopping website:
- Is there any return/exchange policy in the website or not. If there is, then is there any cost involved in the same. Some of the online shopping website might say that return cost need to be incurred by the buyers and not seller.
- Check in the return policy who will manage the return, most of the prominent e-commerce website send their pick -up person to arrange return but some websites might have policy that return should be send by the buyers.
- Not all the products are covered under return like diapers, Lingerie, innerwear, shampoos and conditioners, styling gels and hair colors, lipsticks, lip balms and lip gloss etc..Terms and conditions and non-returnable goods will be mentioned in the product page or in their return and refund policy page.
- Some of the website mention the date range i.e. 15 days/ 30 days within which return will be accepted. It can also vary according to the product.
- Websites might have criteria / condition to accept the return like products was delivered in a physically damaged condition, has missing parts or accessories etc..And some of the websites might have no question asked return policy. So do look for them as per your requirement.
- Also look for option which the e-commerce platform is providing for e.g. after return/refund they have policy they will return the amount in wallet. If amount is returned in wallet then you can use it for shopping. Some of the e-commerce platform will return in the medium through which payment was made.
As a buyer you should always try to shop from websites which offers Free Return Shipping, Easy and convenient return shipping process, swift refund or credit in the wallet.