Flipkart keeps on modifying its refund policy as per the needs of seller and buyer. As a buyer sometimes we are frustrated when certain items can not be returned on Flipkart. But like all other online shopping platforms, Flipkart also has set some rules and norms for the same.
Some of the product have very limited return peiord and in some case only replacement or only refund is applicable. But all this should be known to the buyers before buying anything from Flipkart
We have created the list of product on Flipkart and return period if any applicable for the same.
The return policy is divided into three parts; Do read all sections carefully to understand the conditions and cases under which returns will be accepted.
Part 1 – Category, Return Window and Actions possible
|Category||Returns Window, Actions Possible and Conditions (if any)|
|Lifestyle: Clothing, Footwear, Watches, Sunglasses, Fashion Accessories||30 days
Refund, replacement or exchange
|Lifestyle: Sport & Fitness Equipment,, Baby Care, Jewellery, Footwear Accessories, Travel Accessories, Lingerie (top-wear)
Home: Home décor, Furnishing, Home Improvement Tools, Household Items, and Pet Supplies;
Books & More: Books, Music Instruments, Office Supply, School Supply and Toys
Automotive: All automotive spare parts, accessories
Refund or replacement
|All Electronics, Furniture and Large appliances other than Apple / Beats and Google Products||10 days
For products requiring installation, returns shall be eligible only when such products are installed by the brand’s authorized personnel.
In order to help you resolve issues with your product, Flipkart may troubleshoot your product either through online tools, over the phone, and/or through an in-person technical visit.
If a defect is determined within the Returns Window, a replacement of the same model will be provided at no additional cost. If no defect is confirmed or the issue is not diagnosed within 10 days of delivery or Installation wherever applicable, you will be directed to a brand service centre to resolve any subsequent issues.
In any case, only one replacement shall be provided.
|Apple / Beats & Google Products (Mobiles, Tablets,Laptops, Smart Watches)||10 days
For all functionality related issues, do contact the brand authorized service centre directly.
For any other issues with the product, you may contact Flipkart – Flipkart’s 24×7 Customer Care
Fruits and Vegetables ordered would be delivered only in the first attempt. In order to ensure that you get fresh fruits and vegetables, we will not be making reattempts to deliver your fruits and veggies in case you miss your slot. Rest of grocery items from Supermart would be delivered through reattempt in case you miss your slot.
|Try & Buy||10 days
This policy shall be applicable selectively (geographical coverage, product, customer and time periods).
Try & Buy benefits shall be applicable only if the product was bought when the item was on Try & Buy. Else normal category policy shall apply on the order. In any case, only one replacement shall be provided.
|No Returns categories||Some products in the above categories are not returnable due to their nature or other reasons. For all products, the policy on the product page shall prevail.
You can view the complete list of non-returnable products here.
Part 2 – Returns Pick-Up and Processing
In case of returns where you would like item(s) to be picked up from a different address, the address can only be changed if pick-up service is available at the new address
During pick-up, your product will be checked for the following conditions:
- Correct Product – IMEI/ name/ image/ brand/ serial number/ article number/ bar code should match and MRP tag should be undetached and clearly visible.
- Complete product – All in-the-box accessories (like remote control, starter kits, instruction manuals, chargers, headphones, etc.), freebies and combos (if any) should be present.
- Unused product – The product should be unused, unwashed, unsoiled, without any stains and with non-tampered quality check seals/return tags/warranty seals (wherever applicable). Before returning a Mobile/ Laptop/ Tablet, the device should be formatted and Screen Lock (Pin, Pattern or Fingerprint) must be disabled. iCloud lock must be disabled for Apple devices.
- Undamaged product – The product (including SIM trays/ charging port/ headphone port, back-panel etc.) should be undamaged and without any scratches, dents, tears or holes
- Undamaged Packaging – Product’s original packaging/ box should be undamaged.
The field executive will refuse to accept the return if any of the above conditions are not met.
For any products for which a refund is to be given, the refund will be processed once the returned product has been received by the seller.
Part 3 – General Rules for a successful Return
- In certain cases where the seller is unable to process a replacement for any reason whatsoever, a refund will be given.
- During open box deliveries, while accepting your order, if you received a different or a damaged product, you will be given a refund (on the spot refunds for cash-on-delivery orders). Once you have accepted an open box delivery, no return request will be processed, except for manufacturing defects. In such cases, this category-specific replacement/return general conditions will be applicable. Click here to know more about Open Box Delivery
- For products where the installation is provided by Flipkart’s service partners, do not open the product packaging by yourself. Flipkart authorised personnel shall help in unboxing and installation of the product.
- For Furniture, any product-related issues will be checked by authorised service personnel (free of cost) and attempted to be resolved by replacing the faulty/ defective part of the product. A full replacement will be provided only in cases where the service personnel opines that replacing the faulty/defective part will not resolve the issue.