We have tried to create a collection of Funny online shopping videos across the world,…
How to order food online in Train
The journey is supposed to be memorable so why not fill it up with some memories and good food. The usual train food which is available in the pantry may not be liked by everyone so most of us carry food while traveling on the train. There are a host of websites that can help you deliver food at your seat in the train. IRCTC has improved it’s food quality as there were a number of complaints regarding it. With the online food delivery coming onto place why not train travelers to enjoy its a benefit.
So the question is how can you order food on the train?
The answer is simple either you can:
- Order through IRCTC website or APP
- or you can order through dedicated websites for food delivery in train
IRCTC has not authorized any other website to provide food apart from the food delivery vendors through its website. But there is no problem in exploring other options.
How to order food through IRCTC website and App:
- Click on the food delivery link https://www.ecatering.irctc.co.in/
- Enter your 10 digit PNR number
- Choose your station from the list of railway stations, displayed in the drop-down menu
- Select the food option from the list
- Make payment
- You will receive the order confirmation on SMS as well as an e-mail with order details
- OTP will be sent to the passenger, which will be used by the service provider on the mobile application at the time of food delivery.
- email and SMS will be sent, 2 hours before the scheduled delivery time at the station.
- If you have changed your mind you can also cancel the order 2 hours before the scheduled delivery and you will receive the refund within 3 working days
Apart from ordering online through IRCTC website and App you can also order food by calling 1323 and the second is by sending an SMS to 139, typing MEAL <PNR>.
Other websites to order food online in the train are :