As per Economic times “Flipkart has revised its return policy , narrowing the window when a customer can send back a product bought on its website to 10 days from the previous 30 on most top-selling products. The leader of India’s ecommerce space also told sellers on the platform that they will have to pay higher commissions from June 20. “
Key Changes proposed by Flipkart
- 30-day return policy will remain only for clothing, footwear, watches and eyewear, jewellery and fashion accessories, as well as large appliances.
- Levy of higher commission charges on seller, which can might increase the product prices.
- Flipkart to discontinue Zero+commission policy for sellers
- Sellers can pass on the one side shipping charges to the customers
- Sellers will have to bear the reverse shipping fee