Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook Dating app, which shares some features with Tinder, aims to build ‘real long-term relationships – not just hookups’
Facebook dating App has been designed to compete with popular dating apps like Tinder.
Facebook has quoted that they aim at building long term relationship – not just hookups.
“We want Facebook to be somewhere where you can start meaningful relationships,” he continued. “We’ve designed this with privacy and safety in mind from the beginning.”
How Facebook Dating App will work:
- Facebook showed a user’s hypothetical dating profile, which he said would be separate from an individual’s regular profile, accessed in a different section of the site.
- The dating feature would use only a first name and only be visible to those using the service, not an individual’s Facebook friends.
- The feature would not show up in the news feed, he added.
- Users of this feature could browse and “unlock” local events and message others planning to attend
- If a potential date responded, the two would then connect via a text messaging feature that is not connected to WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.