Buying Gold or Diamond Jewellery online has always been a tricky task. But thanks to the new online portals by some reputed brands it has become easier to shop jewellery online. But you should always be cautious while buying buying jewellery online as it is a high value item. With recent outbreak of COVID-19 it has become too risky to go to shops and buy gold/ Diamond jewellery so buying them online can be a good option. But before that, let’s find out how to buy Gold and Diamond jewellery online in India :
- The authenticity of the seller: Check the authenticity of the seller so that you don’t fall into the trap of fraudulent websites. Make sure that you purchase it from the website of a renowned jeweller.
- Purity: 24 k gold is the purest form of gold. However, no jewelry can be made in 24k as it is very malleable. Alloys like copper, silver and nickel are mixed in certain percentage in gold to make jewelry. For example, 20k gold has 20 parts of gold and 4 parts of alloy, making it gold of 83.3% purity. Gold also comes in various colors depending upon the metal mixed with it.
- Try at Home : Jewellry being too personal choice we all like to try it first before buying so trying it first before buying will not leave a doubt in your mind. This is an important feature because unlike earlier where jewelly buying online was an impulsive behaviour or it was for gifting purpose, now buying jewellery is a necessity. Buying Gold or diamond jewellery at home for a wedding or for any other important event will give you confidance.
- Hallmark certification: Whenever you buy gold, always look for Hallmark certification. The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has set up authorized testing centres which check the quality of the gold.
- What to look for in Hallmark certification: Apart from the BIS mark, buyers should check for purity code, testing centre’s mark, the jeweller’s mark and year of marking.
- Return/Refund policy: Please make sure that you go through the return/ refund policy of the jeweller. As compared to other items purchased online, gold jewellers give fewer number days for refunding the item. All website will not have same return and refund policy so do have a look before making your decision.
- Shipment: Before you order the item, know about the shipment charges though many jewellers offer free shipping. Apart from shi[upping charges also look whether they will deliver at your location or not.
- Delivery: Most of the jewellers use third-party services to ship your item. Before accepting delivery of the gold jewellery, make sure that the packaging has not been damaged or tampered with. If you are not satisfied with the condition of the merchandise, please do not take delivery of the package.
- Payment terms: Many jewellers offer cash on delivery mode of payment in addition to debit/credit card, net banking, bank transfer or cheque/demand draft facilities. But if you are not convenient with online mode do look for Cash on delivery option.
- Customisation: Many online jewelers offer the benefit of getting the jewellery customized according to your requirements. In this case, check the time period that the jeweller would take to deliver your product.
- Price difference: There could be a difference in the price of the gold jewellery sold online as compared to the retail stores.
- Size: Ensure that you select the correct size for rings, bangles, bracelet, necklace and chains while placing your order online.
- Ask: Last but not least don’t hesitate to ask questions. Ask whatever doubt or query you have in your mind with the website.
Now, Since you know how you to buy Jewellery online so let’s find out Where to buy Gold or Diamond Jewellery online in India.